Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Video Guys Hate Chubby People

For the past two days some guy with a video camera has been running around taping people for a "Come to Graceland" welcome video. He was in class yesterday and today, zooming in on people and following the class around. I noticed that he was zooming in on those that are skinnier and "prettier" than me. Not that I want to be on their video, it's just something that I noticed. The video guy stopped several people who were young and skinny(er than me) to interview them. Most had been sitting around me a few minutes prior. I wonder if it's because I won't look good on camer or if i'm just being paranoid. I even fixed my hair yesterday and today and put on make-up. It's because i'm trying to look nicer and feel better about myself rather than trying to impress people. Oh well.

2 comments:

R Matthew Ware said...

You should have called him on it, told him he was promoting a superficial view of women and hurting your feelings. It doesn't matter if it's true, but if he feels guilty, it might be worth it.

Rhia Jean said...

I hate that!!! What do they think that we are idiots and don't notice they don't ask us to be in their stupid video? So, if I DON'T giggle and flip my hair, then that means I'M dumb? Whoa! Is that overanalyzing or what? Okay, I'm coming down off my high horse. It can get kinda scary up there.
My word verification word is ksyen...as in ksyen butt to get someone to agree to be in my video.