Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Baby is Growing Up

Will is going to be 18 months old tomorrow. For everyone who doesn't
know, children go to nursery at 18 months in our church, The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Since Will only has one more day
til he is 18 months, I took him to nursery. I checked him to make sure
his diaper was ok and dropped him off. He just stood in the middle of
the room. He didn't even notice me leave (he was tired). I went and
taught my Sunday School class. After Sunday School I went to look in
the peep hole in the door. Whoever designed the doors in the nursery
was a genious. I love being able to see him without opening the door.

Anyway, I checked on him and he was standing in the middle of the room
holding his head (that is his tired stance). I was sure they were
going to have to come get me at some point, even if just for a diaper.
Three quarters of the way through Relief Society I had to go check on
him again. He was doing a puzzle and having fun. When church was over
I went to get him. He was like "oh, hi mom. How's it going?" he was
laid back and not excited to see me. He was so good and didn't miss
me. I'm so glad but kind of sad because he is so independent and
didn't miss me. Oh well. He's still my little angel.

2 comments:

R Matthew Ware said...

I liked the subtle plug for the church (for more information, please visit www.mormon.org

I'm glad Will did good. He's a very adaptive child.

And I'm glad I learn about him through the blog. The internet, bringing people together since 1998. For more information, please visit www......

Rhia Jean said...

That's okay. Picture if I left Millie (who is my baby) in Nursery for a few hours...hmmm...yeah, I got the same bad picture...okay, don't picture it. Ummm...where was I going with this? I'm totally lost now. Anyways, I'm glad he had fun in Nursery. It's kinda wieid sometimes for me to picture you as a mom.