Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Ankle

Hooray! I sprained my ankle AGAIN. I sprained my ankle the first time
in Omaha at the beginning of the semester. I didn't let it heal
properly and it has been bothering me for two months or so. This
morning, while walking from my car to the hospital for clinicals, I
walked into a divot in the ground and down I went. I knew right away
it was sprained again.

The most humiliating part was having to be wheeled in a wheelchair to
the floor I was going to work on and have everyone look at me. I'm
sitting in front of the hospital now, waiting for Matt to come get me
since I drive a manual transmission car and can't push the clutch with
my crappy ankle.

The moral of the story is always let your injuries fully heal or they
will come back to bite you on the....(insert body part here).

3 comments:

Matthew Ware said...

The moral could be to drive an automatic. It handles those pesky things like shifting. I seriously don't get you manual transmission people. Do you want manual windshield wipers? Manual turn signals where you have to keep flipping the switch yourself? How about a manual sunroof with a crank lever?

Emily Anne said...

You just don't understand the freedom of a manual transmission. You can't understand the control you get because you won't give it a try. I love you.

Rhia Jean said...

All hail to the manual transmission drivers!!!!!!!!!! There's no other feeling in the world like grabbing a gear shifting and moving your car into gear. Here's a little known secret about me: I like the sound shifting gears make when the car is parked and turned off.
And I'm sorry about your ankle. :( Hurt feetsies are never good.