Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Uneven

There are so many wrong things that the name of this blog could imply,
but this is a clean blog so get your mind out of the gutter (Matt,
that means you).

I just started the Book of Mormon again and I always read the headings
and look at how long they are to see if I even want to start the
chapter or if I think I'm going to fall asleep before I am halfway
done. I am only in 1Nephi chapter 3 or 4. The heading was short so I
started reading. As I turned the page I saw that the chapter went on
and on. I felt betrayed and that the heading was uneven in comparison
to the chapter. So the next chapters heading was long, but not to be
decieved, I turned the page to see how long the chapter was and sure
enough it was a short chapter. It was an unusually long intro for such
a short chapter. Again with the uneven. Every assumption I had was out
the window. I guess I'll have to change my thinking.

2 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

I do the exact same thing...

R Matthew Ware said...

I wouldn't have noticed anything wrong with your title had you not explained it to me :)

I just look to see how many pages it goes on. Never trust the heading. Unless you're in D&C. Then it tells you how many verses.