Thursday, June 12, 2008

Random Junk To Pass the Time

I realized that it is Thursday and I haven't blogged since Sunday. I
know I get anxious when my friends (all four of you) haven't blogged
so, even though I don't have much exciting, I thought I would say "hi"
and write about my non exciting week.

Oh, I just remembered, Matt and I went to St. Louis temple on Tuesday.
We were asked by the stake to go to the temple twice this year on the
stake temple day, which is the second Tuesday of each month. I had
seven family names and Matt and I did baptisms, confirmations, and
initiatories for all seven then we did some sealings, but not any of
my family names. We left home at 6am and got there about 10. We
started home about 1:30pm, after an awsome day. Last time we did stake
temple day, we left at 5am and started home about 4pm. It was too long
of a day and we didn't enjoy it as much because it was too long of a
day. We are looking forward to doing endowments and sealings for my
family names in the next few months.

In other news, it is raining like crazy here. We are under a severe
thunder storm warning. I am watching Gone In 60 Seconds with the
window open to track the weather. I have been checking to make sure we
are not under a tornado watch/warning. There have been a couple of
tornado sightings north of the Missiouri River, but nothing here. The
thunder and lightening is crazy right now though. The wind is crazy,
too. They are worried about flash flooding in the area too. Right now,
they are saying I'm in the heaviest rain area, and I believe it. Good
stuff. I'm only going to worry if I hear the sirens for tornados. Good
thing we have a basement. I'll let you know if we get blown away. At
least Will is asleep.

2 comments:

K2 said...

That's so awesome about the temple work! You guys rock the house. I wish some of that rain would head our way. Stay dry! Love you guys.

Rhia Jean said...

Going to the temple is always so much better when you're doing the work for your family. At least I think it is anyways...
Please don't float away. :)