Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dining Room

The living room was painted by my mom and my mother in law while I was
in the hospital after having Will in October 2006. I have been meaning
to paint the dining room ever since the living room was finished.

Monday, my mother in law and I sanded the dining room. Sanding sucks.
We put plastic over both doors and sanded the crap out of our plaster
walls. Kathi and I were covered from head to toe in greenish dust.
Kathi had it on her nose hairs so you could see them up her nose. We
cleaned all the dust from everything EXCEPT the ceiling fan. I went to
eat dinner and get Will. When I got home, dust had been distributed,
via fan, all over the house. I'm such a dunce sometimes.

Mom and I painted today. The green is something Matt and I agreed on
and I really like it. It is really green. Mom said it looks like a
lime lifesaver, but I think it looks like lush, beautiful grass.
Either way I like it, but my sister in law, Stacie, doesent. She
doesn't have to live here, though, so her opinion is not all that
relevant. My only concern is the ability to sell a house with a purple
living room, green dining room, and an orange bedroom (the bedroom is
next to paint). I'm sure we can find somebody crazy as us to love what
we have done.

2 comments:

Matthew Ware said...

I think it'll be fine to sell. Now that we've done all the work of pulling down the wall paper and stuff, repainting would be pretty simple.

I love the green color, I think it looks really good, and I think the purple is nice too. The orange might be a bit much, but I still think it'll work. Besides, the unique colors will avert the eyes from the fact that the walls aren't exactly square, or that the doorways kind of slant.

And Stacie disagrees with a lot of what we do. It hasn't stopped me from doing what I want yet :)

Rhia Jean said...

That's why God invented white paint. :)