Sunday, June 22, 2008

"Noooooo"

This is what I spent my morning at choir and the hour of sacrament
yelling at Will today. Somedays are good and others are not. Today was
a not good day (until after our nap that happened after church).

First was choir, where we were practicing "Joseph Smith's First
Prayer" to perform today. There is a family named Tolman who have two
daughters. One, Samantha, is older than Will and he has been facinated
by her for quite a while. There other daughter is younger than Will.
Today during rehersal, Will pushed over and kicked the younger
daughter twice. He also pushed the Samantha several times. I was
horrified and at one point rehersal stopped because I yelled, Will
yelled, and the youngest Tolman was screaming. Will and I had a chat
about Jesus and how He didn't want us to hit.

During sacrament, Will was ornery. He wouldn't sit still, and he was
getting cranky. The last straw was that he bit me. I wasn't even doing
anything that could have really made him mad, in my opinion. I guess
we had a difference of opinion. Matt took him out and brought him back
in. I took him back out because he was so ornery. I was mad and he was
cranky. He even made me cry out of frustration. He was better in
nursery and fell asleep during the third hour of church. All the
crankyness was out when he woke up from his nap. I think he is going
to have quickly changing emotions like me. May the Lord bless our
family and give me patience.

2 comments:

Alison said...

My mother has cursed all of her children with the things we all did to her. If the curses continue to come to be, I will have very challenging little bitty ones, but reasonable teenagers. I'm still scared.

Rhia Jean said...

If my mother cursed me with that Alison, I would have perfect children that never do anything wrong... :)
Emily, your kid has spirit (or spirt as I like to say when I talk too fast or don't pay attention to controlling the accent). Heavenly Father sent that little boy to you specifically cause he knew you could handle him, so just keep on keepin' on!