Monday, June 23, 2008

Hideous Salmon Colored Walls

There are many colors of wall that I can handle. However, salmon
colored is not one of them. When we bought our house, there was
wallpaper in our bedroom, the living room, and the dining room. We
started with the living room, peeled wallpaper, sanded, and painted.
It took at least 9 months to get that all done. We began peeling
wallpaper in the dining room about the same time we moved in, but quit
to finish the living room. Still, it took over a year after finishing
the living room to get the dining room painted. It looks great now,
even if the trim still needs to be painted. So, Matt and I peeled
wallpaper in the bedroom today. What was underneath was the most
hideous shade of pink I have ever seen (see the above picture). I
cannot live in a salmon pink room for 6-9 months before we paint. I
start school next week and have classes for six weeks, then I am off
for two weeks before the fall semester. I am hoping to get our bedroom
painted during that two weeks.

On a related matter, we have decided to paint our bedroom something
other than orange. Something more soothing and more suited to a
bedroom in a home we are going to sell in the next two to three years.

On an unrelated note, I will graduate from nursing school in seven
months. Go Me!

3 comments:

Alison said...

I don't like salmon, the food or the color on walls. What color are you going for on the walls?

Congrats on your upcoming graduation! :)

Rhia Jean said...

Doesn't it feel great to know that the end is in sight? The end of pink/salmon walls, the end of nursing school, the end of peeling wallpaper.

GB, RN said...

Nursing school will fly by. Before you know it, you will be done. Have you decided in what area you want to work in?