Monday, August 4, 2008

The Internet at home, School, Stephanie Meyer and other unrelated things

I think Matt must have gotten seriously tired of not having the internet at home because we now have the internet at home. We had Comcast cable with internet, phone, and cable and decided to cancel that to get the iPhones. We have enjoyed the internet on our phones very much, but I cannot submit stuff for school or open school documents and print them from the phone. One day Matt was talking about getting AT&T internet at home and the next thing I knew, he was ordering it and the modem came in the mail. My life is richer because of the internet at home. Thank you Matt.

School...I know you guys are tired of hearing about school, but it is driving me crazy. First of all, I did get an A in pediatrics this summer, so that is great. Leadership, which still has two weeks left, is driving me crazy. I really like the instructor but i'm not a huge fan of her teaching methods. She has decided that instead of lecturing with power point every day for four hours (because we all know how hideous that would be) she is going to have guest speakers and stuff and we can read the material on the tests at home in our spare time. WHAT? I was very upset when she announced this on Thursday after our first test. So what do we do today for four hours, you ask. We had a power point presentation on Preceptorship and Mentoring. It was lovely but NONE of the information will be on our test. For those who don't know, preceptoring is when a nurse joins a new facility and is assigned a more experienced nurse to show them the ropes. Our second test was tomorrow (Tuesday) but she moved it to Wednesday because we haven't had enough time between Thursday last week and this week to even look at the new material.

On to Stephanie Meyer. Everyone knows that I love her writing and would love to live in her ward so we could be best friends, just like I know we would. However, due to the overwhelming amount of homework (that I should be doing now instead of blogging) I have not yet even opened her new book, Breaking Dawn. Matt is reading it now and telling me how gory it is and how much he likes it. I would appreciate it if everyone else who has finished it would keep the information to themselves. If that isn't possible, please at least put a spoiler disclaimer on your blog to let me know I shouldn't read it until I have finished the book. I am not even going to pick up the book until after my Leadership final on Friday August 15th.

Other junk: Will has this rash. It is receeding now, but it was all over his body. The doctor said it was just viral, but don't you think it would have gone away by now? I think it was viral and is now heat rash. Poor baby gets so red when he goes outside it isn't funny. It doesn't help that it has been 99 degrees with a heat index of 105-110 because of the stinking crappy humidity (those that live in DFW do not get to comment on our much cooler weather than you).

My lawn is out of control. I have got to mow it, but it's so freaking hot I keep putting it off. The weathermen are saying it is going to be int eh 80's Thursday and Friday. If I don't get eaten by the lawn before then, I guess I can attack it Thursday. Really, I just don't want too. However, soon it will be taller than Will if i'm not careful.

Speaking of Will height, when we took him to the doctor, they said he is 2 feet 11 inches. He is over half my height (i'm only 5'4"). My son is a giant. We went to a three year old birthday party yesterday and one of the boys got upset because Will took what he was playing with. I apologized to the boy and said that he is much younger than him and didn't understand. The 3 year old looked at me and said "but he's bigger than me", which he was. I said "yes, but he's still younger." My son is a giant.

That is all the stuff I can bore you with right now. Leadership is calling.

1 comment:

Rhia Jean said...

I had to go without internet for almost a whole week and it drove me nuts. It's taken me all night to get caught up on my blog reading. And I think that you and Steph would be best friends if you lived in her ward too...