Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy 65th Birthday Dad





For those of you who don't know, my dad died on August 17, 2005. A few days ago we...... what do you do when you remember somebody's death day. You don't really celebrate, but I can't think of a better word. You get the point. ANYWHOO, yesterday was my dad's birthday. August 20th. He would have been 65 years old. Matt, Will, and I were in Omaha visiting our friend Suzzanne who is moving to Nottingham, England in four short weeks for a full year to go to grad school. In honor of my dad's birthday, Suzzanne made cupcakes. She made chocolate mayonnaise cupcakes (totally awsome) and orange cream cheese frosting. It was a perfect celebration. Dad's favorite color was orange and one of his favorite people, besides me, was Suzzanne. I miss my dad, but he would have appreciated the celebration!

6 comments:

K2 said...

Your dad was AWESOME! I miss him too...glad that you came into my life so I could meet your parents. Love you!

Matthew Ware said...

They were some pretty good cupcakes. If you notice, my bowl contains two cupcakes and several scoops of ice cream. If you've wondered why I need an elliptical...

Alison said...

What a sweet way to remember your father. :)

Broin's said...

Well I'm glad you are able to celebrate such a great man! I'm glad you got to see her before she leaves...I'm way bummed I can't. I did enjoy that trip to Jason Mraz didnt I? I'm such a dork.

Rhia Jean said...

:) Your dad was awesome...

Suzzanne said...

Yay for Dad! He's on my list of favorite dads EVER! I mean, if it weren't for his encouragement, I never would be moving to Nottingham! So Em, blame my absence on your daddy he'll like that. I miss him tons.

I'm bummed too Linsdey!