Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hygiene Kits

This morning at 11:02am (don't you love modern technology that can tell you the exact moment you received a phone call?) I got a phone call from a member of our Relief Society Presidency. She told me that the Kansas City metro was going to have about 1000 refugees from Louisiana beginning this afternoon and they were collecting hygiene kits this week to hand out to those who ran from the hurricane (i'm so out of touch I didn't know they evacuated because of a hurricane). I made a list and decided to go to the store Tuesday and get a few things to add. Then the Bishop announced in church that we were only supposed to get our hygiene kits together but we were not asked at this time to donate anything.

This was news to me. Not the part about not donating our kits, but that we were supposed to have hygiene kits in our 72 hour kit at home ready to go at a moments notice. Obviously we don't have all our ducks in a row, but we are working on it. I knew we should have things like deoderant and toothbrush/toothpaste I just didn't realize there was a hygiene kit we were supposed to have. Sometimes I feel so behind.

Anyway, in RS today we were told that they were collecting hygiene kits and the Bishop had been fed misinformation about collecting the kits. I am going to go Tuesday (because that is when I get money) and get stuff not only to donate but also for us. Then we will have Water, tuna fish, a first aid kit, and a hygeine kit in our incomplete 72 hour kits. I really should get cracking on those, huh?

2 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

Hmmm...I've never heard of a specific kit we should have in our 72 hour kit. I am however, hopelessly out of the loop. I guess hygene would be kind of important in an emergency huh?

Broin's said...

you're not behind. i just got my first thing for food storage! ha! the blue and orange bag would go for about $35. I still have that one I could ship to you if you want it!