Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Heart the Olympics













I know that many people in my life have said that the Olympics are stuipd and they won't be watching them. I am not one of those people. I LOVE THE OLYMPICS! I missed the opening ceremonies, but at least you can watch pieces of them online. I have been obcessed with Michael Phelps and his goal of 8 Olympic gold medals in this Olympics. He is looking good to make his goal. Last night he tied some record of nine medals (maybe?).



I watched the men's gymnastics team last night. They were not even supposed to be medal contenders and I watched them win the bronze medal. It was amazing! I loved their joy at being at the games and how excited they were when they realized they had medaled. None of those guys had even competed at the Olympics before. Good Job Guys!



Watching the Olympics makes me proud to be an American. It reminds me of how blessed our country is to have such wealth and prosperity. It also helps me gain a greater appreciation of other nations in this world and reminds me how similar we all are. GO TEAM USA!

3 comments:

Darla said...

I'm addicted to the olympics too! I fell asleep before the Men's Gymnastics competition was over though. I'm also rooting for Phelps. I think it's really exciting!

Matthew Ware said...

I work 5 nights a week and spend another with my parents, so I've missed most of it. But I really do like the olympics.

I do have to ask why the volley ballers have to dress like such skanks. Just saying.

I also hear softball won't be an event after this year because the US always wins. So? Are we going to cancel basketball, swimming, and women's gymnastics too? How about we cancel ballroom dancing because it's not a sport?

Alison said...

I keep forgetting to watch the Olympics. People keep mentioning it, and I keep making a note to watch and then promptly do not. I'm sad I missed the bronze medal joy. :(