Saturday, August 9, 2008

Percy Jackson




For those of you who don't know, there are these books about a boy named Percy Jackson. He is a half-god, half-mortal and he has way cool adventures. When I say god I mean the Greek gods like Zeus, Hades, etc. Our friend Dave gave Matt the first three books in paperback for his birthday. While Matt was reading Breaking Dawn and I was pretending to care about my leadership class, I picked up the first Percy Jackson book and was hooked. I just finished the third one a few minutes ago - yes I finished my studying for my test first. There is a fourth book out and I want it.

I am trying to hard to wait until Friday to read Breaking Dawn that I have gotten wrapped up and obsessed with these Percy Jackson books. I never said I was normal. Is being totally addicted to books normal? I can't imagine that it is, but so many of my friends are book obsessed too. So, once everyone bounces back from the let down of finishing Breaking Dawn, I recommend that you check out these Percy Jackson books. They are a quick read, highly entertaining, and only mildly addictive (there is no major love story to get obsessed over and there is no wishing for someone to be a vampire, which totally freaked me out for a while).

On a similar note Matt and I got our friend Michelle to read the Twillight books. I'm very proud of Michelle for trying out these books. Michelle hates vampires and has been adamantly against these books for quite a while. Curiosity got the better of her and we loaned her Twilight on Wednesday. She finished it Friday and is now on to New Moon. Hooray for another addicted friend, especially one who hasn't read Breaking Dawn yet.

Check out http://www.percyjacksonbooks.com

4 comments:

Matthew Ware said...

There's nothing wrong with being a bibliophile. No one gets hurt. Sure, friendships may be temporarliy neglected, housework may not get done. But no one actually gets hurt.

Rhia Jean said...

How funny, I just finished the first book. I really enjoyed it. Especially the chapter titles and the sarcastic thoughts of Percy. It comes highly recommended. Have you read Peter and the Starcatchers? Have I already suggested that one to you guys? It's really good.

Matthew Ware said...

We own Peter and the Starcatchers but haven't yet read it. I have this disease where I'll buy more books than I can read in a year. I'm not sure if it has a name, but it should.

Suzzanne said...

haha you know my stance on being addicted to books. :D I loved Breaking Dawn, we will talk all about it when you come up! YAY I get to see you soon! <3 Suzzy