Friday, September 12, 2008

Word World



My fabulous husband blogged about Sesame Street and how it's gone down hill since his days (because he's so old). That got me to thinking about the PBS shows William and I watch in the morning. I love this show called Word World. Will likes it too, but I just think it is genius. All of the animals are made from their name. For example, sheep is made from the letters SHEEP. The barn where sheep lives is made out of the letters BARN. Here are some examples since it really is hard to explain:
The show is totally cool. If anyone has small children at home and haven't watched this show, I suggest you check it out. http://pbskids.org/wordworld/index_flash.html.

2 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

My most favorite PBS show next to Blue's Clues was Between the Lions. It's about these lions that run a library and it covers pretty much every element of a well balanced reading program. I used to play it every Friday for my first graders while I graded papers. I think they still show it. My favorite was Chicken Jane, Mr. Smarty Pants, and Cliffhanger. That really means nothing if you've never watched the show, but I'm a big fan.

Harwood said...

We love Word World at our house! Joseph also really likes Super Why. I am convinced that's why he knows his alphabet and phonics so well.