Sunday, September 7, 2008

Midnight Sun

I am very surprised that none of my friends have blogged about Midnight Sun, so I am going to go ahead. First, I would like to say that whoever leaked the manuscript to begin with should be shot! Maybe not killed, but definitely shot. I was not going to read the half a story because I was sooooo upset. Then my friend Suzzanne asked if I had read it and we got to texting about it and I had to start. I LOVED it. Seeing things from Edward's persepective helped bring the whole series together. I understood why he did what he did in New Moon (I still don't like it but I can understand it better). Alice makes me laugh! So does Emmitt. I don't like Rosealie, but then I never did so that isn't any different. Jasper is the only one that I still don't quite understand. Oh well. We can't have everything, right?

I finished Midnight Sun and it was so unsatisfying in it's lenght that I had to read Breaking Dawn again. Oh how I love Breaking Dawn and the whole series. Apparently the Twilight movie has jumped into the November 21st spot vacated by Harry Potter, so we get to see that sooner. I cannot wait for the movie. I am so obsessed with the books it's sad. I really want Stephanie Meyer to finish Midnight Sun because I NEED it. (I'm so needy!) I hope all of you loved it as much as I did and hope she finishes it soon. You can't let one stupid person keep you from doing something you love. Even if she doesn't finish it now, I cannot imagine her never going back to it. It will call to her and she will be compelled to finish it (I hope).

4 comments:

Matthew Ware said...

She'll get back to it. She just needs some calming time.

She also needs help naming books. Her Twilight novels have such vague, generic names that I have to really think about which one is which.

Rhia Jean said...

*sigh* Emily, I am in love with Twilight. Not lying. I rarely ever read a book twice and if I ever do, there are a few years in between...enough for me to forget parts (and I'm so obsessive about books that that rarely happens). I have read Twilight 3 times and then Midnight Sun which is essentially the same story. I wanted to read it again but I had to make myself stop because I was going a little overboard in my thought process. I really would like the rest of the story. My two favorite things were 1. the fact that Edward was the catalyst in getting Angela and Ben together (I don't need Edward to be my dream man anymore, I would be satisfied in being his girlfriend's friend) and 2. When Bella asks him why he is talking to her again and he tells her blah blah blah and then thinks "Oh and I'm also wretchedly in love with you." *sigh* I want someone to be wretchedly in love with me. Wretchedly... :)

K2 said...

I totally agree with Rhia about loving the Twilight series. They almost call to me. I am having issues about reading it when its online. Rarely do I ever even read the sneak peak at the end of books about the next one. Rarely. So I don't know if I want to read Midnight Sun online or just wait until it comes out for real. Or will it never come out for real? I think I am out of the loop on this one. Maybe Em can clue me in.
I also agree with Rhia that I want someone to be wretchedly in love with me too. Sigh.

Emily Anne said...

Kainty, I don't know much. Matt said she may never finish, but I hope she does finish it. She stopped work when it was leaked because she was so mad she was going to kill all the Cullens, which is not how it goes. I just don't know when she is going to finish, but I hope it's soon.