Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Neighbors

I would like to think I am a nice person, but today my neighbors have
made me see maybe that isn't true. I need to learn to be patient and
tolerant. Our new neighbor has a couple of kids and she is excited to
own her first house (her mom told me). Today they are having a
birthday party for one of the kids and there are lots of people, lots
of cars, and lots of kids. I was having an after church nap when I
heard lots of kids and woke up to several kids in my side yard. I
politely told them to get out of my yard and then took Will for a
walk. When I got back from my walk there were two cars in front of my
house. I got upset and then thought, where are they supposed to park?
There were cars all over both sides of the street. Last year for my
30th birthday guests were everywhere. I hate that the first thing that
pops into my head is "that is my property, you can't park there". What
is my problem. All I want to do is get along with my neighbor but
instead I think hateful things whenever she or her friends get close
to my house. I think I need peofessiinal help.

3 comments:

R Matthew Ware said...

I'm glad I wasn't there. I'd be brooding. They just better be out of my spot by the time I get home.

Yeah, I need help too. Some day we'll have a bigger property, with well-defined borders (and a fence to get to keep neighbors off the darn lawn) and enough room between the neighbors that they won't need to park in front of our house. Then maybe we'll invite our neighbors over.

Rhia Jean said...

It's because you are a TX girl at heart. We like our room and our space. Think Arrested Development: "No touching!"

Alison said...

I understand. Sometimes I feel like a complete witch about my neighbors too, even though they really aren't loud or annoying very often. I think we just like our space and quiet and it's hard to be patient when someone invades it.