Sunday, May 4, 2008

I love...

I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day
Saints. Today was fast and testimony Sunday and I got up and bore my
testimony. As I sat down I felt very inadequate. I was not happy with
the testimony I shared and felt like a failure as a wife and mother
too (not sure how they related, but its how I felt). Then Brother
Mansfield got up and bore his testimony. I don't remember what he said
but the thought came to me about how much I love the gospel. I may not
be so great at reading my scriptures or remembering to pray twice a
day, but I love the gospel. I can work on the other things and they
will help me be a better wife and mother, but I find joy in the gospel
and know it is true.

Sometimes in this busy age of tv and junk thrown at us from all sides
I think we forget how simple the gospel is and what joy it brings.
Thank goodness Heavenly Father is patient and Christ is so
understanding.

3 comments:

R Matthew Ware said...

Just because you don't always express yourself well doesn't mean you aren't spiritual. Some people speak very well and are full of crap (think politicians). Others aren't eloquent (think Moses) but are rock stars when it comes to their intent.

And I love you and you're a good wife/mother.

Rhia Jean said...

If you felt inspired to go up and bear your testimony, then good for you for doing it. It's not what you say that makes others feel the spirit. If the spirit prompted you to say something and you did it, then someone needed to hear the words you said...no matter how they came out.

Alison said...

I don't know you, but I would guess that you're not a bad wife or mother. We can only take one day at a time. So, I totally agree with you.

Oh, and at least you didn't SING your testimony. sigh. A friend who lives in Utah saw a guy sing his testimony in church this past Sunday in her ward. So, just look at it this way--things could be much, MUCH worse.