Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Today I ....

Today I realized that most of my blogs are about Will, school, or
Jasper, the new kitten. This blog is about two of those things. I say
that so if you want to quit reading now, you can.

This morning, I had my first pediatric nursing class. I felt dumb,
through my own fault and no one else. I asked clarification on the
sylabus a couple of times and i was the only person to ask any
questions. I just felt dumb, but my questions were valid.

Today I took William to the park. I felt cooped up and needed to get
out of the house. As a busy parent, it is easy to stay inside and let
Will play while I do homework or housework. It is sometimes difficult
to remember that kids need to get outside, run, and play. Will had a
great time at the park. I tried to remember that as a toddler, he
needed some independence. I tried to let him play and only intervene
when he pushed or hit (which was more often than I want to admit).

The park where we were also has a water area with fountains to run
through. About 8pm I trotted Will up the hill to the water park. All
the bigger fountains had turned off and the big kids had come to the
slides, so Will and I went to check it out. Our previous attemptsat
getting Will to run in the fountains was not a success. I was
concerned that he wouldn't like it and needed to check it out because
my friend Dave invited Will and I to go to a water park with he and
his niece and nephews. I wasn't going to pay for a water park if Will
didn't enjoy the free park. He had a fantastic time. He ran in and out
of the water, stepped on the water spout, and giggled the whole time.
The above picture is Will running into the water. So cute.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I love being in the water when it's hot. :)

You're questions were probably ones that everyone was wondering about, but just didn't want to ask--so, don't feel dumb, feel assertive.

K2 said...

You are so cute and so is Will. Too bad I'm not in KC and we can't go water parkin together. That time in St. Louis was so fun!