Wednesday, July 9, 2008

BLS

BLS is a cross between a BLT and BS. Not really, but it sounds good.
For those of you not in a healthcare field BLS is CPR. Its actually
Basic Life Support for health care providers. The difference between
BLS and CPR is that one is for people in the health care industy and
one is not, and they teach us to give rescue breaths and check for a
pulse. Regular CPR just teaches chest compressions and the heimlich.

Anyway, to be in nursing you must have your BLS renewed every two
years. Graceland offered a class the Thursday before summer classes
begain and I signed up. One of the major drawbacks of not working
right now is that I had to pay for my BLS class but the hospital
offers it for free to employees. Anyway, the point is I forgot to go
the Thursday before class started. Instead, I went tonight and had
class in the lobby of Midwest Urology. I was almost an hour early, but
that is my own fault. It was two hours long, which was really good,
plus I remembered how to do it from my last class, so I was confident.
We didn't even have to take the written test because he said we looked
tired and it was 8pm. The best part of the night was when I whacked
the infant dummies head on the chair in front of me. The second best
part was the making out with the plastic head and torso. That is all.

2 comments:

Matthew Ware said...

Those are some creepy torsos, just so you know.

Rhia Jean said...

I'm thinking (now this is just a guess but remember that I know you well and what types you go for) that you went for the dummy with the blue torso and white head...am I right or am I right? :)