Sunday, July 6, 2008

Things I Had Never Done Before

Last night, July 5, I went to my friend Dave's sisters house. They had
a fourth of July celebration a day late. They live out in the country
and have few neighbors, so they bought lots of fireworks. I grew up
and have always lived in the city and have never shot off fireworks.
We always went to a city display and never bought our own. I had a
blast last night. There were little fireworks, medium ones, and huge
box ones that sent ten or twenty in some kind of order from one fuse.
We were out there for at least three hours with fireworks, and I never
got bored. Will wasn't so sure and played in the car mostly, but maybe
he will have more fun next year.

I also shot the gun that Brian, Dave's brother, is holding in the
picture. Brian is in the Navy Reserves and is home because he was shot
in the head by a mistly plastic bullet during a training exercise. He
brought his guns home and he and Howie, his brother in law, and his
wife shot guns while we were playing with fireworks. I stopped blowing
things up long enough to miss the target several times with this gun.
It was awsome! If I play my cards right, maybe I will be invited next
year too, and can blow stuff up and shoot guns again. All in all I had
an awsome redneck fifth of July.

5 comments:

Matthew Ware said...

Ah, fireworks and guns. Yet another reason my work schedule sucks.

K2 said...

That sounds so fun! I am totally jealous..although both fireworks and guns scare the crap out of me. On the other hand, Brian would probably be Ok to shoot guns with. How fun.

Emily Anne said...

Brian was fun to shoot with. He's an easy, laid back teacher.

Alison said...

I love fireworks! They make any event fun. :) I still haven't going shooting, but a friend has promised to let me try on her parents' property in the future. Wish me luck!

Rhia Jean said...

Shooting guns is the best! I got to do it for the first time a few years ago and I have to admit, I am addicted. I can't help it...It's the redneck inside me.