Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Get Paid For Nursing!

Now that school is over I don't seem to have anything to blog about. I guess I'll blog about work. I still can't believe they pay me to come here every day and chat with people. It's not as simple as that, but I have been having a good time. And the best part is I GET PAID. I got my first paycheck last Friday and boy was I excited. It was the biggest paycheck I have ever recieved, and I didn't work the full 72 hours and it didn't include my night shift differential because I hadn't started night shift yet. I paid off some medical bills that had been piling up and still have running around money left over. The crazy thing is that now that I have money, I can't think of anything I want or need.

The strangest thing about graduating from nursing school is that now I don't have to go to class several days a week. I get to go to the hospital to work (did I mention I get paid?) and then I get to go home. I don't have care plans to turn in or post-clinical conference to sit through. I don't have papers to write or exams to study for. Well, I still have to take my state boards, so technically I still have a test to study for.

I love my job and cannot believe that I get paid for it. It's sooooooo cool. That is all.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations on getting paid! (And everything else.) :D

Matthew Ware said...

Bills, baby, bills.

Rhia Jean said...

Isn't it nice to just come home and you get to be...like...a real human?