Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Almost There

I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing me talk about how i'm almost done with school, but I am almost done. I finish up my practicum, which is an internship, today. I have to finish my paper, do an evaluation or two, and get my portfolio updated. I get to turn all that stuff in Monday January 26th right before the luncheon for the accelerated nursing students (me). The actual graduation date is January 30th, but on the 26th I will be DONE!! I will be in Kentucky on the actual graduation day.

I think that all the necessary paperwork has been submitted to the state board of nursing, or will be submitted shortly. A court document was needed, but I got that taken care of last week. After graduation, the school will send my transcripts to the state board of nursing. Once they get all the paperwork, they will send me a notice that I can schedule my state board's test (NCLEX). Once I get the ok to test I get to schedule the NCLEX at my leisure and take the boards. HOORAY! I actually get to start working as an RN February 9th. If I don't pass boards (which I will) I don't get to work as an RN anymore until I can pass. That won't happen though, because I will pass and it will be GREAT!

I am doing my practicum on the floor that I will work on when I graduate. I really like the people on the floor and and am having a good time learning. I am excited to start working so I can get a paycheck. It's going to be awesome to get paid for nursing rather than paying out the nose to go to school. I think graduate school is on the horizon, but not next decade. Maybe in 10 years or so.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Yay! You're almost done! Hang in there. :)

Rhia Jean said...

Yay! Yay! And SUPER YAY!!!!

Matthew Ware said...

I'm pretty excited :)