Monday, February 2, 2009

Our Adventure To Kentucky

William and I boarded a plane for Kentucky to visit my mom on Wednesday at about 8:30am. We knew there was bad weather in Louisville, where Mom lives, and our flight from Chicago to Louisville was cancelled, but we went anyway. It was such a big ordeal to get Will up and to the airport and through the security check point that we decided to get to Chicago and hopefully catch a later flight to Louisville. Will and I sat at the back of the plane and he was WONDERFUL. He only cried once when I wouldn't take off his seat belt. I brought the portable DVD player so we could watch a movie only to turn it on and find out it didn't work anymore. It doesn't recognize the disk and so it won't spin the disk. Oh well. Will handled dissapointment well and we got to Chicago fine. We stood in a long line with other people trying to get to Louisville, including people who had spent the night in a hotel because they couldn't get to Louisville the day before. Will and I were on standby for a flight that left at 7:10pm. It was 11am. We got lunch and then I decided to try to fly into a different airport, like Indianapolis, Cincinati, or even Nashville. Everyone else was trying to do the same thing, so I got us booked on a flight to Louisville leaving the next morning at 7am and went to look for a rental car. I decided that I would drive if I could, rather than sit at the airport all day with a 2 year old. I got the 7am flight as a backup.

I got to the car rental area and found that Hertz was all out of one way vehicles. I went to National or something like it and asked for a car to Louisville. The people standing at the counter that were almost finished with the rental process offered to let Will and I ride with them. I pondered the offer for a few moments and felt good about the decision, and agreed to ride with them. They live in Louisville and were trying to get home to their three children. Will and I had a lovely trip and they were wonderful to us. We bought them a tank of gas when we arrived in Louisville, and that was all the payment they would take. It was a great blessing to have found them and to have been able to ride with them. The Lord watched out for us since I didn't make the best choice while still in Kansas City. I should have stayed at home and flown to Louisville the next day, but I didn't.

Will and I have had a wonderful visit but are excited to get back home to see Matt. I don't think I will ever go on vacation again without my spouse. It was a great trip, but I missed him very much.

3 comments:

Matthew Ware said...

Single life sucks. Especially when you're used to having a spouse around.

Alison said...

I'm not really a fan of airports even when things go right. I can't imagine that weather situation AND a little kid AND being pregnant. Yikes! I'd have had a melt down.

My word verification was "cryloo." Ha! :)

Rhia Jean said...

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Alison on this one.