Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've Got Plenty of Nothing

I have not much interesting to say. As I'm sure everyone knows by now, Matt and I are having another baby. We are due September 3rd. Maybe the baby will come early and be born in August. That would be cool! September is good too. Lot's of great people were born in September, like me. When I told my mom that I was pregnant she groaned. She was totally not excited about me having another baby until I reminded her that me having another baby meant she gets another grandchild. Then she got excited. I think my mom thinks we are too busy to have another kid, but i'm not getting any younger here. If we want more than two we need to have another one soon. I don't want to be 40 and having babies.

I am halfway through my Senior Clinical Practicum, which is an internship for nursing. I worked Thursday - Sunday last week. I was not ready for four 12 hour shifts in a row. My legs were swollen and nasty. However, this means I am truly almost done with nursing school! It's very exciting. I am doing my practicum on the floor that I will be working on, so I am getting to know people and finding my way around. It's like orientation before orientation starts. It's cool. The un-cool part about the practicum is the paper I am writing. I didn't realize until Friday that my rough draft was due yesterday. I threw something together at the last minute and am glad that we are not getting a grade for the rough draft because mine was super rough. Oh well, at least I have most of my paper written now.

2 comments:

Matthew Ware said...

You won't be having children in your 40s. I want you to actually live past 40.

Rhia Jean said...

Sounds like you have a lot of everything going on rather than plenty of nothing!