Monday, December 1, 2008

Illness + Test don't mix

Nursing school is winding down. I had a 20 page paper to write this weekend and a test to study for, plus a few miscillaneous projects to finish up. I have two finals in a couple of weeks and one more paper to write and then the semester is over and I get to be an RN. However, I found this weekend, as I got sick on Friday night/Saturday morning, that trying to cram for an exam and illness don't mix. I took my test at 8am this morning, and I entered the classroom with my own special box of Puffs to use. In the silence of the test taking, the only noise was an occasional sniff from other classmates and the honking of me blowing my nose EVERY TWO MINUTES. As soon as I walked into the room to take the test my nose started running worse than ever. I also started coughing during the test. It was insane. My friend Nicole said that she really had to try hard to not laugh during the test because my nose blowing was HILARIOUS. It was just annoying to me. Next time I am sick and having to take a test, I think i'll call in dead.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Isn't it always the quietest when you have to blow your nose. I usually feel annoying. sigh. I'm sorry you are feeling horrible. :(

Matthew Ware said...

Oh, were you sick? I never see you on the weekends...

That's the great thing about college. It doesn't really matter if you're sick, you just go. I'll be glad when you're done.

Suzzanne said...

You sounded ill in your phone message. I think I'm getting poorly as well. (that's how they say it here, weird eh?) I hope you feel better hon! I'm so glad you are almost finished! I'm so proud of you!

Rhia Jean said...

Yeah, it would always tick me off a little when I would start to have a coughing fit and would try to get someone's attention for permission to go get some water and they would just stare at me like they were waiting for me to finish coughing so I could ask them my question.