Friday, August 3, 2007

Nebraska Furniture Mart

I hate Nebraska Furniture Mart. Here is why. My mother-in-law bought us a couch from there and she thought she bought an extended warranty. We started having problems with our couch and called them to get it fixed. Come to find out we didn't have an extended warranty and they were not going to do anything about it. I got angry, so they offered to have a repair person come by. He came by, sewed up the rip in the back, tried to see why our arm wobbled, and that was it. He did nothing else. I was upset, but whatever. However, today William was crawling on the couch as usual. He got his leg stuck in a hole that is between the arm of the couch and the couch and he couldn't get his leg out.



here is the hole he got stuck in - behind that piece of wood is a hole. that is where he got stuck.




I had to tug and wiggle him around to get it out, and when his leg came out 30 seconds later, the top layer of skin on his right leg and top of the right foot came off too. The couch sucks and we knew that, but now it has hurt my son. If we had the money, we would trash it today, but we don't so I don't know what to do other than write Nebraska Furniture Mart a strongly worded letter knowing they won't do anything. I really hate that place.Here are two pictures of his foot. On the right one you can see the skin coming off.

2 comments:

Bert said...

They are very unethical. In the summer of 2009, I was served with a notice of ahearing just days away. What if I had been on holiday or away, since they sent it to my omaha address and not my regular home.

It stated UNDER OATH and SWORN STATEMENT that I was in default of my credit agreement and they were sueing me for thousands of dollars.

Now since I never had a credit agreement with them, I wrote the NFM credit superviser BRAD INVENER to request that he check his records because I never had such an agreement. I paid cash for every NFM purchase. I also asked that he mail me a copy of the credit agreement that he references in his sworn statement. He never returns my call. So I write to the owner and Jennifer Taylor at www.smithgardnerslusky.com in addition to filing a discovery request for this document both those liars (Brad Invener and Omaha attorney,Jennifer Taylor) claimed existed. Not only do they ignore my request. On the day of the hearing omaha sleazebag attorney Jennfier Taylor of www.smithgardnerslusky.com refiles the petition with minor modifications but the petition still claims I defaulted on a credit agreement. When questioned by the judge and unable to produce such an agreement, she hemmed and hawed and basically acknowledges that she knew that I never had a credit agreement. NOW THAT IS PERJURY!!!! The Judge had the wisdom to dismiss the case against me.If I had not received that notice, NFM would have gotten a default judgement.

I wrote to the Douglas County attorney and sent them copies of everything and asked that both of them be charged with perjury which is a felony. Now our County Attorney who claims to prosecute ALL FELONIES, declined to prosecute them and never even responded to my letter. Guess NFM FELONS are ok with him. Bet NFM prosecutes shoplifters and bad check writiers , but their agents seem immume from the laws of the state of nebraska.

If it was a mistake, someone should have written to me and apologized. But when they ignored my letters and requests for proof in addition to refiling a petition which becomes a matter of public record and make me look like a deadbeat, I think they are criminals and liars!

Survey said...





Nebraska Furniture Mart Survey