Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Hate Politics

I'm not sure if I have blogged about this before, so I'm sorry if this
is a repeat. Before I got married I was a registered voter who was
conservative in my political views. I voted for Bush twice and was for
Bush Sr when we had a mock election in junior high.
I never really paid attention to local politics and didn't usually
vote in the local elections.

Then I got married. I should have paid better attention to the signs
of political knowledge and awareness in Matt, but I was blinded by
love. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. The point is that all I
listen to in the car with Matt is conservative talk radio. I even
enjoy it. I like listening to Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and local guys
Shanin and Parks and Chris Stegall. The problem comes when I get
freaked out because of all the junk that is going on. I used to not
know about how our country was falling apart, but now I know and
knowledge isn't always the best. I worry more about my family, our
finances, and the state of our economy and country. These truly are
the last days and I worry we are not ready. Knowledge is power, but it
also brings fear and worry. Sometimes I wish I didn't know.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Amen to that.

Matthew Ware said...

D&C 38:30: "...if ye are prepared ye shall not fear."

And I listen to plenty of musicals too :)

Rhia Jean said...

I wish I could be more into politics but I'm just not. It bores me to death...kind of like football on TV. I'll sit there and watch it but my mind goes completely blank. But ignoring politics only makes me feel like a bad American citizen. I wish that were enough to make me pay attention but it's not.

Harwood said...

My husband is taking American Government this term at school, so we've watched the debates and paid attention to the election. I am definitely more worried about things than I used to be. I just wish they would make negative ads illegal! On a happier note - How excited are you about the temple! I read that it's going to be built in Clay County in a development called Shoal Creek. I definitely want to come to the open house when it's done.
~Shawn