Thursday, October 16, 2008

How Will Locked Me Out

William and his book on the inside.


This is a story about a mother named Emily and how her son William locked her out of the house. Emily promised herself that she would never get locked out of the house. Emily and her husband Matt have a house with a front door that locks behind you. You never have to get out your key when you leave. You just pull the door shut and it is locked. That is great when you have your hands full and are trying to get out the door. Emily found out that it isn't as great when you have a son who discovered it is funny to shut the door when Mommy is outside. This is Will and the cat Jasper on the inside while I'm on the outside.

Emily usually remembers to turn the lock so that it doesn't lock when you shut the door if she is going outside when Will is inside. However, yesterday Emily was on the phone and in a hurry and forgot. Will's shoes had mud on them that needed to be scraped off before Emily and Will could go get icing for a cake, deliver the cake to Relief Society, help set up the Relief Society dinner that the cake was for, and then go visit her friend Michelle who just got out of the hospital from a tonsillectomy. Emily was outside scraping the shoes when William shut the door and ran off. Emily remembered that she didn't have her keys with her. Thank goodness she was on the phone. She called Her mother-in-law three times without an answer. Then she called her sister-in-law, who also didn't answer. In desperation she called her husband in tears. Matt called his mother and she answered and said she was on her way. In the mean time, Will brought books to

Emily and she read them to him through the front door.
45 minutes later help arrived and Emily was rescued, was late to Relief Society, but enjoyed a great evening at her friend Michelle's house. Emily learned a great lesson.

The moral of the story is don't be on the phone when you really need to be paying attention, and never, NEVER underestimate a two year old.
This is Will reading to me.

6 comments:

Suzzanne said...

This story was amazing! I am sad I missed it. Will is looking so grown up! What a cutie. :D I love you and I miss you tons!
Suzzy

Matthew Ware said...

Besides the fact you got locked out, that's really cute.

Alison said...

I would've FREAKED out. I like that you took pictures, though. :)

Matthew Ware said...

She did freak. When she called me I thought something really bad had happened. Of course, it could have been worse. I think Will figured out that this was one way he could get Emily's full attention for reading time.

Darla said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been locked out of the house by my own 2-year-old...

Rhia Jean said...

What a good kid! Bringing you books to read! I love it!