Monday, March 17, 2008

Why I hate Corporate America

I went to Target, Wal-Mart, and Lowes tonight. I hate all of them.
Target had all these beautiful curtain swatches that were supposed to
represent their stock of curtains. Every swatch I liked was not in
stock. All the ones in stock were either ugly or $30 per panel and I
needed two packages. And all of their light switch covers were $7-8
per cover and I wasn't going to pay that 'cause I needed seven all
together. So we went to Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart. I got a curtain rod
but I had the same issues with the curtains. So we ended up with a $3
twin sheet in navy blue (the same as the other curtains). Wam-Mart
didn't have any selection of light switch covers. So we had to go to
Lowes. They did have switch covers - I ended up with five $3 covers
and one $5 cover. I totally got ripped off. At least the outlet and
switch covers match now. I feel like I got run around town and
screwed. If we didn't have all these huge corporate companies, I would
have had a smaller selection and probably would have had to pay more
but my time would have not seem wasted and I wouldn't have felt
screwed. I hate corporate America.

3 comments:

R Matthew Ware said...

I'm sorry, dear. But corporate America is what we've got, and it won't ever change.

Maybe when we're rich we'll shop at Amini's. I'll have to buy a Bentley, speak in a snotty, high-class, accent, and wear a top hat, but if that's what it takes to make my wife happy, I'll do it :)

Whitesburg gal said...

Hi Emily and Matt -
I love your blog and the pics of Will!

Rhia Jean said...

I have to agree with you Em, Wal-Mart is the devil.