Saturday, October 27, 2007

Will's First Birthday

Sunday 21 September 2007 William Alexander Ware turned one. We had his party at Deanna Rose Farmstead out in Kansas. It is this cool petting zoo/fun place for kids. Saturday evening Michelle came over and I made her dinner and she helped me with Will's cake.


This is the cake Saturday night. Michelle put the orange icing on it and I wrote the words and both Michelle and I decorated it. It may not be the prettiest cake, but we sure had a great time making it.



So Sunday Matt, Will, and I get to the farmstead and it is crawling with people. It was totally insane. I didn't know before but it was the last day of the pumpkin patch (which we didn't make it too). When everyone was there we lit his candle and sang and helped him blow out the candle and Matt started to cut the cake. About that time I realized that Donald and Michelle had driven by but not shown up yet. We fixed the cut in the cake, re lit the candle, and waited for them to show up. Then we sang again and cut the cake. The following is a video of Will's first few bites of cake. He was so good.




I opened Will's presents and he played. He really loved this Nemo toy and book that he got. He enjoyed the tissue paper from his gifts and also liked the cards.

He was so good. I was concerned but he had a great time. I love our wonderful son.

No comments: