Saturday, December 1, 2007

Family History Calling

I actually have three callings in the church (if you count visiting teaching). I'm not very good at any of them, but my family history calling requires me to teach sunday school each week, so i'm forced to work on my calling. I love all of my callings and I just haven't found a way to prioritize yet. Anyway, I had a meeting with the Stake Family History Center Director on Tuesday and we talked about my ability to work at the family history center. I was working one night a week for two hours and that became too much. However, I like being in the fam. hx. center and want to work if I can. We worked out a deal where I can work the first Saturday of the month and I am excited about it. My shift is four hours, from 9am to 1pm. I am at the fam. hx. center now and there are only two patrons. I brought my Pharmacology homework and am getting some good work done. I really enjoy being here. The director once compared it to the temple in the type of quiet reverence here. I do think there is a sweet spirit and a quiet reverance that I am enjoying.

No comments: