Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Politics

I am a bit disappointed in our nation as a whole, but I cannot say that I am very surprised. I wish President Elect Obama all the best and pray that he will lead our country in the way it should go.

What I am pretty upset about is the political reporting of last night. It was barely 10pm here in Independence and the polls in California had just closed and were not even reporting yet when the Associated Press (liberal hacks) announced that Obama had won the election. I'm fine with him winning the election, but don't declare him the winner at 10:02pm when we all know that if McCain had been ahead at 10pm the liberal media would have NOT declared a winner until all the votes were in from every state. I GET SO MAD when the media reporting is OBVIOUSLY and blatently left wing. They were smiling and almost celebrating at 10pm. I realize that they were correct and that Obama won but I think the media should wait a bit longer before declaring a winner. They gave Ohio to Obama when only 12% of their voting places were even reporting. It just makes me mad.

WARNING* the following thoughts mix religion and conservative politics.
On a different note, Matt and I were talking about how I was sure that Heavenly Father wouldn't allow our great nation to fall apart and be destroyed. However, I had a thought about the pride cycle that happens so often in the Book of Mormon. Maybe even though there are righteous people in America pride is a bit out of control and we need to be knocked down a notch. 9-11 only brought our nation back to Heavenly Father for a year or two. Maybe we need some hard times and not as good leadership to remind us who is in charge and to get us back on the track that as a nation we need to be on. The thought I had in the shower this morning was that maybe this is just a sign of the second coming getting closer. All I know is that I will feel much better when I graduate and have a job so we can get a years supply of food going. I don't want to be caught unprepared for the disasters ahead.

Maybe there won't be any disasters and President Elect Obama will be the best president we have had in a long time. I can hope, but I don't have much hope. I do know that I will support my political leaders, ones I voted for and ones I did not vote for. As Article of Faith 12 says "We belive in being subject to kings. presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law." I will pray hard, keep my nose clean, and wait to see what happens.

2 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

I feel ya sista!

Matthew Ware said...

I think there are a lot of people out there who look at the government and ask: "What can it do for me?" That's all it is. A lot of people looking for handouts. We're far from the days of JFK.

I've never looked to the government to solve my problems. I often look at it and think it's the cause of my problems.