Friday, April 20, 2007

I hate the news

I just wanted to say that I am not a big fan of the news. I never have been. The worst part about this is that since I got married I have become addicted to talk radio. I don't even know why. I don't like the callers on talk radio and it drives me nuts to hear about all of the goings on in the world. I was much happier in my little bubble. This all came into glaring focus when the Virgina Tech shooting happened. The media was so quick to blame the school administrators for not doing enough. I think if it were up to the media that the Virginia Tech administrators would lose their jobs and be tried in a court of law for neglect or something equally ridiculous. Then NBC had the guts to sell and air the killers video and pictures. It just makes me sick! I turned the channel every time I saw it. No new information was gained from the video and pictures. It was so insensitive of NBC. What I loved was some people associated with Virgina Tech were scheduled to be on NBC's morning show but cancelled after NBC aired the video. What is this world coming to when the media is more worried about getting the story first than about having morals.

No comments: