Sunday, April 8, 2007

Work Ramblings

So, what drives me crazy is when people stand right in front of the elevator when it opens. That happened tonight when I was coming in to work. I was trying to get on the elevator, and so was another guy. He pushed the up button, decided which elevator out of five was going to get their first (jerk even picked it right - that never happens to me), and then waits with his nose to the doors so he can be first on when they open. It was only he and I waiting. Thank goodness there wasn't anyone trying to get off, he would have run them over. Then he gets on the elevator and pushes the button for 9. I get on the elevator and push 11 and then we sit there for 5 seconds or so before the doors close and the elevator starts to move. Let's push our way onto the elevator only to be patient and wait for the doors to close. Wierd.

And where does it say that since I work Easter night that I have to bring something in to eat tomorrow. I was informed that tomorrow night we are all bringing something in to eat. If I had known about it earlier maybe I could have brought something, but not now. I will get off work this morning, go home to change, go get the baby, and go to church for 3 hours. I will then attempt to sleep until 6pm, but won't be able to, so I will get approx. 5.5 hours of sleep and then work another 12 hours. Where in that time am I going to whip up something to bring to work? And I refuse to break the sabbath by shopping on Sunday for work. Ain't gonna happen.

Also, and this probably drives me the most crazy, why does everyone who doesn't work on my floor come up and look at us and say "Who is the nurse for (insert room number here)?" when all the nurses names are written real big on the board next to the rooms that they have. Every time someone does that I have to stop and look at the board and tell them who the nurse is. Wouldn't it be less time consuming for them to look at the board theirselves?

No comments: