Friday, April 24, 2009

The End Is In Sight

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the end of my troubles and woes is close. I talked to my contact at the state board of nursing today. All of my paperwork has arrived and they have a meeting scheduled for May 4th to review my application. They will make a decision about my ability to be an RN at this meeting and I will know the results within a week. I'm so relieved that there is an end to this mess.

Over a month ago, when I thought things were hopeless and there was no end in sight, Matt gave me a blessing. The Lord blessed me that my schooling wouldn't be in vain and that I would get the desires of my heart. To me that translated to the fact that I will become an RN. What else can I do with a bachelors in nursing but be a nurse? Not much. Now I have to really prepare myself to take the state boards so I can pass the first time and put this crap behind me. So hopefully, in about a month, I will be a licensed RN.

I'm so relieved that it's almost over. Knowing the date the state board will review my application and brings me great release. I think the worst part about waiting is not knowing how long you are going to have to wait. It kills you. Now that I have a deadline I feel much better. Then I can bore you on my blog with nursing stories instead of my almost nursing woes. Wish me good luck.

5 comments:

Matthew Ware said...

Good luck!

K2 said...

I am so glad there is some light at the end of this tunnel. I will be so happy for you when its all over.

Alison said...

Good luck!

Darla said...

I hope all goes well. The licensing process in many professions can be nightmarish when you don't have the extra hoops to jump through. Good luck to you!

Rhia Jean said...

You've waited this long...it won't be much longer. :)