Sunday, May 6, 2007

Bleeding Us Dry

The gas companies are bleeding us dry! Has anyone seen the price of gas right now? In Kansas City it is $2.83 a gallon. I was talking to my mom a couple of days ago, and the price of gas in Louisville, KY is $3.15. The news a couple of days ago said that Chicago was going to reach $4.00 before the end of the summer. If I lived in Chicago, I would make friends with public transportation, because I wouldn't be able to afford $4.00 a gallon. There is absolutly no reason for gas to be that expensive. It was 10 years ago (oh wait, it was more like 12 years ago) that I was in high school and paid $.99 a gallon. I understand inflation, but come on. The price of gas is absurd! Let's just drill in Alaska for oil and produce all our own. We don't need to be dependant on foreign oil or the OPEC for our oil supply or prices. When is someone in Washington going to get a clue?
The End of my rant (for now)

No comments: