Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hair color isn't for me

So, I decided to color my hair. I wanted to do my bangs purple but my hairdresser was going to charge $40 for that, so I decided to do my whole head by myself. I bought this awsome burgandy color and went to town. It was not my best coloring attempt ever. Matt was in the bathroom when I did this, so I did it in the bedroom mirror which doesn't have the best lighting. The baby started crying about 3/4 of the way through so I quickly finished and went to get him. He kept trying to grab my processing hair, so that was fun. Then, I was looking at it and realized that I missed some spots so I got out the comb and tried to more evenly distribute it. I did this Thursday night because I wanted it to be colored for work Friday night. I rinsed it out, went to bed, and thought no more about it. When I got up for work Friday afternoon, I was fixing my hair and realized that I had a HUGE spot that wasn't colored. It was almost half of the back of my head. I don't know how that happened, but I had to go to work with it like that. I felt like an IDIOT! I got another bottle of color on the way home from work Sat. morning and did my hair again before I went to bed. That time it took. It looked so awsome for about a week. I was looking in the mirror at work tonight and noticed that my hair is almost black, but all that cool burgandy color is gone. I don't know where it went, but my hair isn't burgandy and cool in the light anymore. This is why I don't normally color my own hair. Bad stuff happens. And it was expensive - $8.00 a bottle and I used two. I should just learn to be happy

No comments: